Geophysical Data Processor
Scope of Position
The successful candidate must have expertise in processing airborne time domain and frequency domain electromagnetic data. Additional expertise in processing airborne magnetic, magnetic gradiometer, radiometric, gravimetric, and VLF data will be a strong asset.
Your primary responsibility will be to process airborne geophysical data, following the strict quality standards set by Geotech.
You will report directly to the Data Processing Manager, and will be working within a group of geoscientists with similar experience and expertise in processing geophysical data to the final stage.
Under the direction of the Data Processing Manager, your responsibilities will include processing geophysical data (VTEM, ZTEM, airborne magnetic, magnetic gradiometer, radiometric, and gravimetric) using Geotech's proprietary software and Geosoft Oasis Montaj.
- You will also assist in monitoring the quality of incoming field data from the various Geotech systems
- You will be responsible for performing regular backups of your work in order to protect the data
- You will strive to become knowledgeable in all Geotech proprietary processing software
- You will be encouraged to provide input to maintain and improve product quality
- Previous processing experience within the mineral exploration airborne geophysics industry is mandatory. Hydrogeologic, geothermal and oil & gas experience are beneficial.
- 5-10 years experience in mineral exploration, with minimum 1-3 years in Canadian mining industry are prerequisites
- B.Sc. in geophysics necessary, a Masters degree a strong asset
- Expert proficiency with Geosoft Oasis mapping and processing platform
- Professional Geoscience designation (P.Geo., P.Eng. or equivalent) necessary
- Superior English verbal and written communication skills
- Computer savvy, especially with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Bilingual French and/or Spanish